The design and construction of master-planned projects is carried out through the Five Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). Work included on this plan must meet the following requirements:
- Proposed improvements must be requested by local governments.
- Proposed improvements must be master planned.
- District funds must be matched by local governments.
- Local governments must agree to own the completed facilities and must accept primary responsibility for their maintenance.
- District tax revenue received from each county will be spent for improvements benefiting local governments in that county.
- Each year the Board adopts a Five Year CIP which lists projects and District participation by county, from the current year to four years into the future.
- This plan forms the basis for District participation in design and construction projects.