February 21st, 2017
UDFCD 2017 Annual Seminar REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
This year the UDFCD Annual Seminar will be held on April 4th at the Omni Interlocken Hotel located at 500 Interlocken Blvd, Broomfield, CO 80021.
The UDFCD Annual Seminar is an all-day event featuring presentations by UDFCD staff and research partners. This year, topics include watershed planning, criteria, stormwater quality, stream stabilization, hydraulic design, and construction methods.
- A light continental breakfast begins at 7:30, with the main event starting at 8:15.
- Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch buffet, and refreshments throughout the day.
- While refunds cannot be made for this event, we will allow substitutions from within your organization.
- Please contact Geanesia Hinton (firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.455.6277) with any questions.
- 7:30 AM 8:15 AM – Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:15 AM 8:20 AM – Welcome The Honorable Heidi Williams, Mayor of Thornton and Chair of the UDFCD Board of Directors
- 8:25 AM 8:55 AM – A New Vision | Ken MacKenzie
- 8:55 AM 9:25 AM – Establishing a Learning Community | Laura Kroeger
- 9:25 AM 9:55 AM – A Systems Thinking Approach to Protecting People, Property, and the Environment | Dave Skuodas
- 9:55 AM 10:25 AM – Break
- 10:25 AM 10:35 AM – Alternative Construction Methods for Bank Stabilization | Bryan Kohlenberg
- 10:35 AM 10:40 AM – Expo Park | Jeff Fisher
- 10:40 AM 11:00 AM – Lessons Learned at South Platte Park | ERC
- 11:00 AM 11:30 AM – Innovative Uses of UDFCD’s Early Flood Detection & Prediction Services | Kevin Stewart
- 11:30 AM 11:35 AM – Project video
- 11:35 AM 12:35 PM – Lunch
- 12:35 PM 12:40 PM – The Director’s Award
- 12:40 PM 12:50 PM – Building a Better Rundown | Rich Borchart
- 12:50 PM 1:20 PM – Surfing the South Platte River |Ben Nielsen (McLaughlin Whitewater Design Group)
- 1:20 PM 1:30 PM – Adventures in Construction Observation Mike Sarmento
- 1:30 PM 1:55 PM – What to Expect from the new Watershed Services Program | Shea Thomas
- 1:55 PM 2:00 PM – The Stream Academy | Barbara Chougtoua
- 2:00 PM 2:20 PM – The Intent of the Master Plan | Teresa Patterson
- 2:20 PM 2:50 PM – Break
- 2:50 PM 3:05 PM – Death of the EDM | Julia Bailey
- 3:05 PM 3:25 PM – Quantifying infiltration and Volume Reduction for a new Permit | Holly Piza
- 3:25 PM 3:55 PM – Oak Gulch, A Pilot Project in Adaptive Management | Barbara Chougtoua
- 3:55 PM 4:05 PM – Closing | Ken MacKenzie