May 10th, 2019
APWA Announces 2019 Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year
KANSAS CITY, MO. – May 1, 2019 – The American Public Works Association (APWA) announced today the 2019 Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year. The recipients of these awards are those who embody professionalism, expertise, and personal dedication to improving the quality of life in their communities through the advancement of public works services and technology. This year marks the 59th anniversary of the Top Ten awards, the most coveted and prestigious presented by APWA.
The Top Ten Public Works Leaders program focuses on outstanding career
service achievements of individualpublic works professionals and officials from both the public and private sectors in North America. Each of the Top Ten Leaders are recognized for their accomplishments in federal, state, provincial, county, or municipalengineering or administration including career advancement, contribution to technology or job knowledge, commitment to the profession as evidenced by education, training, certification or registration and continuing education, as well as professional excellence and service to the community in large and small municipalities.
APWA’s 2019 Top Ten Public Works Leaders are:
- Kürt Blomquist, P.E. – Public Works Director/Emergency Management
Director, City of Keene, NH
- Rudolph Chow, P.E. – Director, Baltimore City, Department of Public Works
- Diana Clonch – Owner, DW Clonch, LLC, Columbus, OH
- Crystal Donner, P.E. – President/CEO, Perteet Inc., Everett, WA
- Susan “Sue” Hann, P.E., AICP, ICMA-CM, LEED-GA, PWLF – Assistant
Superintendent Facilities Services, Brevard, FL, Public Schools
- Beth Huning, P.E. – City Engineer, City of Mesa, AZ
- John Klostermann – Public Works Director, City of Dubuque, IA
- Laura Kroeger, P.E. – Manager, Stream services, Urban Drainage &
Flood Control District, Denver, CO
- Scott T. Shirley, P.E. – Director of Public Works & Engineering,
Village of Arlington Heights, IL
- Jennifer Toth, P.E. – Director of Maricopa County Department of
Transportation, Phoenix, AZ
APWA President David Lawry was a 2012 Top Ten Award recipient, and had this to say of the award: “Receiving this award as a recognition by my peers has meant more to me than any other professional or individual accomplishment. This award recognizes a person’s public works body of work. The selection is made by other Top Ten recipients, those persons already having achieved this great recognition, so is that much more special knowing you are being identified by other exceptional public works professionals.”
For more information about the APWA awards program, please contact APWA Awards and Chapter Relations Associate Rhonda Wilhite at email@example.com, or by phone at 816-595-5261.